1. 360 video
Create a captivating 360° x 180° VR video experience, with a theme based on one of the UN’s seventeen Sustainable Development goals.
You can find a list of the global goals here: Sustainable Development Goals.
Guidelines / Rules
- Create a 360° x 180° VR video experience.
- The video experience must be about of one the United Nations seventeen sustainable development goals.
- Minimum duration: 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Maximum duration: exactly 10 minutes.
- The video can be designed to play in a loop or not. This is not relevant to the jury’s assessment.
- No 3D modulation program should be used to amplify the VR experience, only a dome 360° x 180° video is accepted.
- No interactivity, just a viewing experience.
- Sound is not mandatory but is allowed to be used if so desired.
- The 360° video may be filmed in a natural or an arranged environment; it can be a single large video or a mosaic of videos.
- The complete video experience must be made easily available to the jury through a stable link for downloading.
- One of the following storage services must be used: Dropbox, The Box, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive.
- The link, provided by the participant, shall provide access to a downloadable folder named after the contest category. If multiple projects, then a separate folder for each project. The folder/s must contain:
- The total project ready to run on the recommended platform.
- A text file (PDF or Word) with contact information. If a team, then the names of all team members must be listed.
3. The text file must also clearly state which global goal the video is about and the title of the video (a reasonably short title is preferable).
- The participant must state the recommended VR equipment to use and ensure that it runs smoothly on the device.
The video must be viewable with a standard VR Video player on one of the following HMDs:
– HTC Vive
– Oculus Rift
NOTE: Useful links regarding technical aspects can be found at: DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES
- It is the participant’s sole responsibility to ensure that nothing in the finished product (or any step in the creation process, use of software, etc.) violates copyright or licensing laws in any way. The rights to all materials (including, if applicable, the involvement of people) must be owned by the participant and be guaranteed free to use and publish.
For more important contest info, read: CONTEST INFO
The jury’s judging criteria
(Choice of technical platform will not affect the jury’s assessment, neither will selected video format (ex. 4K or not).
How immersive and engaging is the video as a VR experience?
Innovative and creative approach
Composition, action, editing, storytelling, use of the possibilities/advantages of the VR media etc.
Impact on the viewer
Does the video make the viewer think/reflect? Is it perhaps enlightening? How is the message/theme concerning the global goal conveyed? Does it evoke en emotional response: beauty, worry, sadness, joy, etc.?
Deadlines & Registration fees:
Early Deadline - August 15th, 2021 20 US$
Regular Deadline - October 15th, 2021 25 US$
Final Deadline - December 15th, 2021 35 US$
It is possible to participate in the contest as a single individual or as a team with two or more members. Companies (e.g. a startup) can enter the contest if it is a company-wide decision. Hence, the term “participant” used in texts covers all involved individuals/entities. One person must be chosen to register and handle all contact during the contest.
It is possible to participate in multiple categories with different projects. It is also possible to participate in multiple categories with the same project adapted to fulfill the criteria of each category. However, a registration fee is required for each entered category.
If entering a single category with multiple projects, a separate complete registration is needed for each project.