2. AR application – SDG
Create an augmented reality (AR) experience with a theme based on one or all of the UN’s seventeen Sustainable Development goals (SDGs).
You can find a list of the global goals here: Sustainable Development Goals.
Guidelines / Rules
- Create an AR experience with a theme based on one or all of the sustainable development goals. It is up to the participant how he/she expresses and handles the theme of the selected SDG. Unleash your creativity.
It can be a beautiful creative AR nature experience. (SDG: Life on land)
It can be a sea/ocean experience (SDG 14: Life below water)
It can be about health, a creative way to get people moving and think about physical exercise. (SDG 3: Good health and well-being)
- If the experience has a set time duration, then it must last for a minimum of two (2) minutes.
- The experience must be interactive, e.g. the user can start/stop things and/or open/close things and/or interact with AR objects causing an effect.
- Sound is optional but certainly allowed.
- The complete AR experience must be made easily available to the jury through a stable link for downloading.
- One of the following storage services must be used: Dropbox, The Box, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive.
- The link, provided by the participant, shall provide access to a downloadable folder named after the contest category. If multiple projects, then a separate folder for each project. The folder/s must contain:
- The total project ready to run on the recommended platform. NOTE: For an iOS/Apple project, provide a TestFlight link to share the app.
- If needed (and not present in the experience) a program manual must be provided in PDF or Word format.
- A text file (PDF or Word) with contact information. If a team, then the names of all team members must be listed.
- The text file must also clearly state which global goal the AR experience is about and the title of the AR application (a reasonably short title is preferable).
- The participant must state the recommended AR equipment to use and ensure that it runs smoothly on the device.
One of the following AR platforms/equipments must be used:
– Android: An ARCore capable phone. – We will be using a Samsung Galaxy S8.
– iOS: ARKit, RealityKit etc. – The app must be able to run on an iPad Pro, Model A1709.
NOTE: Useful links regarding technical aspects can be found at: DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES
- It is the participant’s sole responsibility to ensure that nothing in the finished product (or any step in the creation process, use of software, etc.) violates copyright or licensing laws in any way. The rights to all materials (including, if applicable, the involvement of people) must be owned by the participant and be guaranteed free to use and publish.
For more important contest info, read: CONTEST INFO
The jury’s judging criteria
(Choice of technical platform will not affect the jury’s assessment).
How immersive, visual and captivating is the experience?
Innovative and creative approach
How have the possibilities/advantages of the medium been utilized?
Interaction and feedback
How intuitive is the interaction? How original is its use?
How well could the program/experience potentially be scaled up and expanded upon?
The impact on the user
Is it instructive/emotional/beautiful etc.? How is the theme/message/information conveyed?
Deadlines & Registration fees:
Early Deadline - August 15th, 2021 20 US$
Regular Deadline - October 15th, 2021 25 US$
Final Deadline - December 15th, 2021 35 US$
It is possible to participate in the contest as a single individual or as a team with two or more members. Companies (e.g. a startup) can enter the contest if it is a company-wide decision. Hence, the term “participant” used in texts covers all involved individuals/entities. One person must be chosen to register and handle all contact during the contest.
It is possible to participate in multiple categories with different projects. It is also possible to participate in multiple categories with the same project adapted to fulfill the criteria of each category. However, a registration fee is required for each entered category.
If entering a single category with multiple projects, a separate complete registration is needed for each project.