6. VR architecture
Develop an immersive, informative and user-friendly architectural VR presentation of an existing, planned or imagined building / real estate.
Guidelines / Rules
- The user must be able to experience being in the architectural space, having a “real life” view.
- The presentation can be just a life-size experience of the architecture, or also include a scale model (table top) viewing option.
- The presentation may include any additional relevant features, for example: alternative viewing angles, speaker voice, modular options like changing the time of day, materials, window sizes etc. The developer is free to add any such application features.
- Sound is optional, but definitely allowed.
- The presentation should be user-friendly and without a time limit.
- The complete presentation application must be made easily available to the jury through a stable link for downloading.
- One of the following storage services must be used: Dropbox, The Box, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive.
- The link, provided by the participant, shall provide access to a downloadable folder named after the contest category. If multiple projects, then a separate folder for each project. The folder/s must contain:
- The total project ready to run on the recommended platform.
- If needed (and not present in the experience) a program manual must be provided in PDF or Word format.
- A text file (PDF or Word) with contact information. If a team, then the names of all team members must be listed.
- The text file must also clearly state the title of the VR architecture presentation application (a reasonably short title is preferable).
- The participant must state the recommended VR equipment to use and ensure that it runs smoothly on the device.
One of the following VR equipment must be used:
– HTC Vive
– Oculus Rift
– Oculus Quest 2
NOTE: Useful links regarding technical aspects can be found at: DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES
- It is the participant’s sole responsibility to ensure that nothing in the finished product (or any step in the creation process, use of software, etc.) violates copyright or licensing laws in any way. The rights to all materials (including, if applicable, the involvement of people) must be owned by the participant and be guaranteed free to use and publish.
For more important contest info, read: CONTEST INFO
The jury’s judging criteria
(Choice of technical platform will not affect the jury’s assessment).
How immersive and captivating is the experience?
Interaction, Feedback, User-friendliness
How intuitive is the interaction? How user-friendly and flexible is the presentation tool?
How well does the application/experience fulfill its purpose? How well do all aspects of the presentation work together: sights, sounds, interaction, and events? How well does the presentation convey all the possibilities, features and the scale of the building/real estate; and/or the vision of the architect/s? How well is the application executed technically?
Deadlines & Registration fees:
Early Deadline - TBA
Regular Deadline - TBA
Final Deadline - TBA
It is possible to participate in the contest as a single individual or as a team with two or more members. Companies (e.g. a startup) can enter the contest if it is a company-wide decision. Hence, the term “participant” used in texts covers all involved individuals/entities. One person must be chosen to register and handle all contact during the contest.
It is possible to participate in multiple categories with different projects. It is also possible to participate in multiple categories with the same project adapted to fulfill the criteria of each category. However, a registration fee is required for each entered category.
If entering a single category with multiple projects, a separate complete registration is needed for each project.
THIS CATEGORY WILL OPEN IN 2022