TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms & Conditions
Please, read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By registering and submitting your project to the ImmersiveUnity’s international VR & AR contest you are agreeing to all Terms and Conditions below in full.
1. The person registering/submitting (henceforth called the participant) must be of legal age, at least 18 years old.
2. One dedicated person must be chosen to register and handle all the contact during the contest.
3. Whenever applicable, the term “participant/s” used in texts, also refers to all the members of a participating team, or a participating company.
4. It is the participant’s sole responsibility to ensure that nothing in the finished submitted product/project, or any step in its creation process (use of software, etc.) violates copyright or licensing laws in any way. The rights to all materials (including, if applicable, the involvement of people) must be owned by the participant and be guaranteed free to use and publish.
5. The registering/submitting participant guarantees that he/she has the authority to do so.
6. The jury’s decisions are final.
7. The jury reserves the right to not select a winner, or winners, in a category if there are too few entries that the jury considers fulfilling all requirements.
8. The contest has the right to disqualify a participant if the organizers of the contest or the jury so decide.
9. The contest reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations, scheduling or profile of the contest, if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond the organizers’ control.
10. All submission fees are non-refundable.
11. Prices and awards are as a rule awarded on a single person basis, even if a selected winner is a team. It is then up to the members of the winning team to decide how to divide the prices.
12. Recipients of prices are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prizes.
13. ImmersiveUnity AB, and its related subsidiaries and activities (e.g. the VR & AR developer community), will have the non-exclusive right to use the submitted content for the following limited purposes:
1. Usage of pictures of the content (e.g. screen shots) for activities such as: promoting the participants, winners and/or the contest and ImmersiveUnity, and its subsidiaries, in various types of media and at relevant events.
2. Usage of short video clips of the content for the purposes described in paragraph 13.1 above.
The above stated usage is, in every case, conditioned on that ImmersiveUnity AB, and its related subsidiaries, shall clearly and state and convey, and whenever possible prominently physically display, the name of the developer/s and associated copyright. Furthermore, the content shall not be used, shown or mentioned, in any manner that could reasonably be conceived as being detrimental for the content and/or its developer/s.
14. The participant agrees to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry in the contest.
15. This agreement, and any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to this agreement or its formation (including any non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Swedish law.
16. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without prior notice. Naturally, the version of Terms and Conditions agreed to at the moment of registration will apply.