Origin of the contest
This contest was originally born from the idea to use the new VR/AR technology to promote the UN’s sustainable development goals. The idea evolved and ImmersiveUnity (then Sweden VR) contacted Massive Entertainment, which found the idea interesting as well as a good cause.
Furthermore, the contest aims to stimulate, discover and highlight creative VR/AR talents worldwide, while exploring the possibilities of the VR and AR technologies. ImmersiveUnity is also building a global online community for VR/AR developers.
- Companies can enter the contest if it is a decision widely supported within the company, e.g. a creative startup. Whenever the term “participant” is used in contest-related texts this term will also include to companies.
- It is possible to participate in the contest as a single individual or as a team with two or more members. Hence, the term “participant” used in texts covers both cases. If participating as a team, one person must be chosen to register and handle all contact during the contest.
- It is possible to participate in multiple categories with different projects. It is also possible to participate in multiple categories with the same project, if it fulfills the criteria of various categories. However, a registration fee is required for each entered category. If entering a single category with multiple projects, a separate registration is needed for each project.
- Task and specific rules for each category can be found on the category pages (listed in the sub menu under CONTEST INFORMATION) and should be studied carefully.
- Additional technical information, which may be helpful, can be found on the page: Development resources.
- The Terms and Conditions must be read and understood before registering for the contest.
- All deadlines are absolute (unless officially extended by the contest).
- Please, also read the section CONTEST STEPS below, which provides a guide through the entire registration/submission process.
- Have fun!
- Study the different contest categories and pick one, or several, to enter with your project/s.
- Make sure that you have understood the rules and guidelines for all the categories you plan to enter.
- Prepare your project for registration in accordance with the rules and guidelines: selected contact person, contact info, project title etc.
- Go to the submission form: Submission.
Registration Submission phase
- Step 1 in the registration form: Fill in the project title and the contact information.
- Step 2 in the registration form: Select the category or categories to enter.
- Step 3 in the registration form:
A. Confirm that you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions.
B. Click submit. You will then be taken to a secure PayPal page for the registration fee. You will then have the choice to pay using a PayPal account or by using a credit card. A confirmed payment is obligatory for entering the contest.
- After registration, you will receive a registration confirmation email.
The registration email contains important information, along with an unique registration ID number for reference.
It also contains a specific link, which takes you to a link submission form.
- If you believe you have not received the confirmation email, then please check your spam folders. If you still cannot find the registration confirmation email, then contact us via our contact form: Contact.
Link submission phase
- Follow the instructions in the registration confirmation email (and the category rules and guidelines) and store your project and information in a cloud service as requested. If multiple projects, then each project must be stored in a separate folder and ready to run on the chosen platform. The folder/s should be named after the entered category, e.g. VR game, Nature experience.
- Create a link to share your downloadable folder/s. Make sure the link works.
- When ready to submit your project, use the link provided in the registration confirmation email and to to the link submission page.
Fill in the link submission form and submit your download link to your project folder/s. THIS IS YOUR FINAL PROJECT SUBMISSION.
- NOTE: Your project folder must be accessible for at least one months after your submission.
This is for administrative reasons, due to the fact that peaks of submissions can occur at certain times.
- You will receive a confirmation of your link submission.
- Be aware of the final submission deadlines. No submissions will be accepted after the final deadline has expired.
- Done. Good luck!
THE RESULTS OF THE 2021 CONTEST WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON MARCH 10, 2022.