Space – Humanity’s New Frontier
THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED.
Develop a CGI 3D virtual reality experience on the theme: Space-Humanity’s New Frontier. (For a 2 x 2 meters play area)
Guidelines & Rules
- Create a computer-generated stereoscopic 3D VR experience for a play area of 2 x 2 meters. (Naturally, the VR environment can be infinite.)
- If the player stands, sits or move around is up to the developer.
- The experience must last at least 2 minutes. There is no upper time-limit; it could be indefinite.
- Sound must be well integrated into the experience.
- There must be interactivity in the experience. (It can be a lot… or less, like just interacting with a menu in some way, or being able to move around and shine a flashlight on things.)
- Adherence to the theme is vital. The VR experience must be set in present time, or in a realistic, not too distant, future.
No fantasy sci-fi. Below, are examples to illustrate what we mean with “present time” and “a near realistic future”.
Present time: What is it like to live on the ISS? What is it like to re-enter the atmosphere in a capsule? What would it feel like to be out at the James Webb telescope, and what will that telesope be able to detect?
In a near realistic future: What will it be like to walk around a Base Camp on the moon? How could people live in lava tunnels in a first Mars colony? Show a future realistic flying probe exploring Titan for microbial life.
TECHNOLOGY & ADMINISTRATION
- The participant MUST create a downloadable folder on one of the following storage services: Dropbox, The Box, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive.
- A tested link, provided by the participant in the submission, shall provide access to the folder for at least a month.
- The downloadable folder MUST contain the following 4 things:
1. The total project ready to run on a recommended platform. (This should have been verified to work.)
2. A tech document (PDF or Word) stating the recommended platform and any other tech-related matters.
3. A contact information document (PDF or Word). If a team, then the names of all team members must be listed.
4. If needed (and not present in the experience) a program manual provided in PDF or Word.
PICO STORE LAUNCH
- The winner is required to launch the app onto the Pico Store within 30 days of having been announced as the winner.
The first 100 downloads shall be free. Thereafter, it is up to the winner to keep it free or set a price.
ONE OF THE FOLLOWING VR EQUIPEMENTS MUST BE USED
– Any Pico VR Headset. (Pico Neo 3 Pro, Pico Neo 3 Pro Eye, Pico Neo 3 Link, Pico G2 4K, Pico G2 4K Enterprise)
– HTC Vive
(Choice of technical platform will not affect the jury’s assesment.)
The rights to all materials (including, if applicable, the involvement of people) must be owned by the participant and be guaranteed free to use and publish.
Some useful sections of the website